Donate your car
By donating your vehicle to the Good Neighbor Garage (GNG), you provide hope through transportation. Individuals that qualify for our program receive your donated car, which ensures that they can drive to work and take their kids to school. We handle all the repairs, so you don’t need to do anything except drop off the keys!
GNG is a unique car donation program as it is one of few charities in Colorado, which allows you to claim the full-market value of your donated car. When you donate to GNG, you can maximize your tax deduction making it a win-win for all! If you have additional questions, or if you would like to find out more about donating your vehicle to Good Neighbor Garage, please contact us at (720) 941-5897 or email GNG at email@example.com
GNG directly impacts the lives of Coloradans who need a car to get to work to help provide for their family. You can help increase the number of cars we sell at a discount by helping to off-set the costs associated with running this service. Like most non-profits, we rely on donations to cover rent, parts, license fees, labor and repair costs.
Donating is easy. Give via PayPal, check, or credit card.
*GNG will send a receipt for tax purposes including both the IRS and Enterprise Zone tax benefits.
Checks can be mailed to Good Neighbor Garage at the following address:
1455 Ammons St. #201
Lakewood, CO 80214
WE ARE NOW HANDLING ALL VEHICLE APPLICATIONS THROUGH OUR HOPE AND CARE TEAM.
The aim of the Good Neighbor Garage Vehicle Placement Program is to support single women in need on their road to self-sufficiency. Please ensure that you meet all of the requirements below before applying. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to all applicants who apply, but don’t meet the requirements.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be a single mother / widow in need. We define widow as the woman without the provision or covering of a husband.
- Must live in Jefferson County -or- be a direct referral from an existing nonprofit partner of Good Neighbor Garage or Hands of The Carpenter. A referral letter from that partner will be required before the application is considered complete.
- Must be employed and provide 2 [most recent] months proof of income -or- be a direct referral from an existing nonprofit partner of Good Neighbor Garage or Hands of The Carpenter
- Have a valid Colorado Driver’s License
- Show proof of insurance or be able to be insured
- Provide current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) - verifying license is valid
- Be able to pay the average $700 - $1,400 placement fee (sorry, we are not able to accept payments)
- Trade in any currently owned working or non-working vehicle. We are unable to place vehicles as a second family vehicle.
- If you meet the guidelines above, please call the number below to start the process with our Hope and Care Team.
- Please mail, email or fax the (1) proof of income, (2) copy of driver's license, and (3) your motor vehicle record. Our program coordinator will review your application once it is all received, then set up an appointment so we can meet you.
- Mailing Address: GNG / Hands, 1455 Ammons St. #201, Lakewood, CO 80214
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (303) 552-2381
- Following your interview you will be notified if the program is a good fit.
- Approved candidates will be placed on a waiting list subject to individual needs and the available cars
Our Hope and Care Team is available for you from 8am - 6pm (Mountain Time) Monday - Friday.
We have the most trustworthy technicians in the industry
Not only are they trustworthy, they are also ASE certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence